Monday, April 21, 2014

Bad Menu

    http://www.badpandagraphics.co.uk/images/portfolio/menus/l/WOTM-MENU.jpg


 
           I found a menu design that I once again found problems with to help me improve my design this week, this one is really bad. First, the type is horrible and there is very little variation, I can't tell if two different fonts were even used. Second, the text is group so closely together it becomes hard to even read and understand. You want to have a menu that is clear to read, period otherwise it just creates more confusion. Some of the items have a description and some don't, I know that this is bad thing to have on the menu if the layout isn't the same throughout the piece. You can have it both ways sometimes into a design but its got to have clarity into the design. Otherwise, if you don't pay attention to what the type is doing you have this mess. This menu is just plain bad typography all around its weighing it down severely.   

No comments:

Post a Comment