Monday, April 21, 2014

Menus

          http://www.menutemplates.org/menu-templates/ice-cream-menu.html

Ice-Cream-Menu

           So we learned today that project 4 is making a menu all out of type. I already have seen some menus today during my research in class, but I figured I find a good example tonight to focus on. I feel that menu's look easy to make but have discovered its all about the typography. And if your spacing is whack and out of place it can ruin the whole form of the menu. I found this ice cream menu template to critique. The color scheme and graphics work well together, however I feel the font on the menu is too childish. The fonts clash too much and don't work well together. When designing something its great to have font variation but the different fonts need to work well together. The type is legible but it needs work for sure if it wants to be a better menu. Any restaurant could easily find another designer to make them a better menu, as a designer you need to know what looks best and apply it to your design.

No comments:

Post a Comment