Monday, March 10, 2014

Book Cover Don'ts

 http://flavorwire.com/378513/20-embarrassingly-bad-book-covers-for-classic-novels/5/



dubliners             I also have decided to research bad book covers so I know exactly what to avoid when creating my book  cover for burning chrome. Some covers I saw didn't have the right amount of hierarchy in their designs. With little font variation the cover becomes boring and has no interest to the audience. The worst cover I found so far was Dubliners because the color and especially the typography shows how much the cover is really outdated. There is nothing that this cover has on it that makes it appealing at all.




Another flop I found was a recreation of the Dorothy and the  Wizard of Oz. This cover has no emerald city but a space scene likes its something out Star Wars. This cover is not only misleading but disappointing to any fans of the Wizard of Oz series. One thing that also bothers me is the type and the spacing because the font could have been so much bigger. I have attached the website for giggles of more dreadful book  covers. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment