Monday, March 10, 2014

Typography On A Bigger Scale

 http://www.signage-solutions.com/ss-site/home.html

                  I decided to research more on the other forms of typography that are used today out there in the design world.  There is more ways typography can be manipulated and I am discovering this more as I research. The main points we see on a book cover display Typography  is readability and  legibility all the time with the font choice you decide on. Negative space can work on a cover if you allow it to. I found a great website on signage solutions to use as a resource for design ideas id I was ever designing a billboard, a poster or a flyer. I need to have a well established level of hierarchy for my book  cover. I need to check  the sizing of my fonts,  the position, and also the weight and variation of my piece. I now know small type can still be considered important into a design such as  designing a restaurant menu. Other types of display typography out there is posters, magazine ads, wraps, websites, web ads, and even airplane banners.

No comments:

Post a Comment