Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Checklist For My Cover

           

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/7b/5e/c2/7b5ec2478a0ad470aca5321a4029d703.jpg

   
    I know that my cover needs to be made only out of typography, and right now I am trying the use the words New Rose Hotel, one of the short stories. I am taking the typography and repeating the type over and over again to form the shape of the rose in type. So far its been a challenge because I can only use type as the artform and that has turned out to be quite difficult.  I decided to go onto to pinterest and lookup all sorts of book covers to help me more.  I found another example that might help me today as I work on my project. This cover for example, has beautiful typography. The artist,  took the type to create their own font and that is something I hope to do later during the semester. I know making a book cover like this would take a great deal of time to create it. I found another cover on Pintrest, The Secret Garden, which uses is own typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment